Thursday, November 6, 2014

Tokens of our times together baby .

A memory from today for the wonder that you are baby. I was in half a mind this morning to take off from work and keep you home with me wondering if you were feeling alright . The last couple of days you were not yourself coming back from daycare . But as soon as you had your Magic potion of chocolate paalu , you were the usual daisy and back in form saying " Ms Mona is waiting , let's go ". Some lesson there for me on putting our worries to rest and getting on with life. But I kept worrying if you were running temperature all through in a corner of my mind even later at work and we went back a little earlier than usual to pick you up . You see a mothers job is never done, she wants to keep you in her swaddle while still knowing she needs to show you how to be self dependent . The paradox of modern motherhood . I work because I want to show you that this is somehow possible, to assert my independence of being a working individual while masking the angst of not being available to you 8 -9 hours a day , there is a resulting guilt most times but if I returned to being a stay at home mom , is there a guarantee that I will be a more adequate parent to you ?
You are too little now to give me a coherent answer to this question but I hope I will do well enough for you to answer me in the negative some day .
We later went to the pizza place which had you all animated . It brings me untold joy when i see how little things make you as merry as this pizza outing . I wish you could remember and freeze this little episode and continue to be happy like that even after you are fully grown .  You sat like a little moppet and finished your little cheese pizza like there's no tomorrow. And as for tomorrow, let's see what that holds out for us , yes? .

Good night , sleep tight my dearest.

2 comments:

  1. where did you learn to put the expressions and emotions so beautifully?admire your piece of art
    nanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww.. That is soo sweet. Am sure Amma felt the same way when we were kids.
    Ananya will grow up to be an independent, working and a happy mother

    ReplyDelete